ZTE Light Tab Rooting
What is "Root"?
Root is a method / technique to access all the files, commands, or system in a linux-based operating systems.
What are the benefits of "Root"?
With the root, we will become the superuser has unlimited access to modify, delete, or add to all that is in the Android operating system. Or in other words, we can modify the operating system freely within a certain operating level, for example: do the overclocking, tweaking, tuning up, and cleaning of the hardware, system files, and data of the most basic operating system.
How do the "Root" / "rooting" process?
There are many ways to do the rooting. However, the way is not necessarily provide the same result (successful or unsuccessful) as it depends on each environment (hardware). Here, as a beginner, I want to try to share the early experiences in doing rooting ZTE LT.
1. Applications z4root
2. Titanium Backup Applications
3. Applications Busy Box
4. Root Explorer Application
1. From the start menu, press the Menu key. Select the Settings tab -> Application. Check "Unknown sources" options for installation via SD Card. Press the home button and run the Market for downloading apps. Or, go to the SD Card if you already have an apk file.
2. Install z4root, Titanium Backup, Busy Box, and Root Explorer.
3. Run z4root, select Temporary Root.
4. Run Titanium Backup, if there is a description: Root access => OK (BusyBox 1.xx.x from the system) means that have been successful.
5. Run Root Explorer, if the menu top left there is a description: Mounted as r / w or r / o can be changed according to the option means it has succeeded.
Now, please root system is operating according to your wishes (DWYOR).
You can perform backups using the Titanium Backup application. Surely after rooting. Take advantage of features Batch, Clean up the Dalvik Cache, and Create "update.zip" which can be accessed by pressing the Menu button.
What is the need to perform backups?
By doing backups, no need to worry anymore if the application data erased.
Can we do it some other way?
Of course we can, there are many ways to do backups.
Why use Titanium Backup?
Its just more friendly for me. Moreover, Titanium Backup can be the bridge to install BusyBox as well as indicators to determine whether the BusyBox has been installed properly or not.